Adho Mukha Virasana
(Forward Facing Hero Pose)
- Come in virasana position.
- Move arms over head with palms facing forward.
- Exhale and bend torso forward and touch palm and head to the ground. Stretch hands much as possible.
- Keep breathing and Maintain position for 30 secs to 3 min.
- Release and repeat procedure for 4-5 times as per capacity.
- With inhaling, taking the support of the arms raise up, and Come in virasana.
- As beginner, may find difficult to touch head to the floor, place head on pillow or block.
Precautions and Contraindications
- Heart problems
- Stiff knee
- Back, Knee or ankle injury
Benefits of Adho Mukha Virasana
- It Stretches and strengthen the thighs, knees, and ankles muscles. Increases flexibility in the knees and hips.
- Stimulate and improves the function of abdominal organs.
- Improves digestion and relieves gas, constipation, acidity.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause, menstrual pain, backpain.
- Useful in high blood pressure and asthma.
- Increases circulation in the feet and legs, Useful in flatfoot.
- Baddha Konasana
- Supta virasana