(Happy Baby Pose)
- Lie on the floor with arms beside the body.
- With inhalation, bend knees towards chest.
- Inhale, grip toes or other fingers of feet with hands.
- While spreading elbows out, open knees slightly wider than torso, then bring them up toward armpits.
- The ankle will be directly over the knee and shins perpendicular to the floor.
- Keep breathing and hold the position for 30 secs to 10 mins as per capacity.
- Release and repeat 4-5 times.
- As a beginner, if one finds difficult to hold feet, loop yoga strap around the middle arch of feet and by holding yoga strap maintain position.
- Release hands, straighten leg, place the leg on the floor and come in normal supine position.
Precautions and Contraindications
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist or low back injuries
- Extremely tight hips
- Eye, ear or nose infections
- Heart diseases
- High blood pressure
Benefits of Ananda Balasana
- Stretches the inner groins, hips.
- Strengthens the arms, shoulders, hip, spine.
- Improves balance, concentration and core awarenessRelieves stress, Calms the mind
- Balasana (Child’s Pose)
- Virasana (Hero Pose)
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog)