Anuloma pranayam means pranayam with natural breathing.
- Sit comfortably in meditation pose (Padmasana, Siddhasana or Swastikasana) with erect spine. concentrate on the normal breath for a few minutes.
- Place the index finger and middle finger of right hand at the eyebrow center (Pranayama Mudra).
- Use thumb to close right nostril and close left nostril with the ring finger and little finger.
- Inhale deeply with both nostril, hold breath, as per capacity, for that close both nostril with fingers.
- Exhale each breath alternately through the left or right nostrils.
- The ratio of time period of purak: Abhyantara kumbhaka: rechak (inhalation: hold: exhalation) should be 1:4:2.
Benefits of Anuloma Pranayam
- It strengthens the digestive, respiratory and nervous system.
- It helps to keep the mind calm, happy and peaceful.