Anuloma Viloma Pranayama
- Sit comfortably in meditation pose (Padmasana, Siddhasana or Swastikasana) with erect spine. And concentrate on the normal breath for a few minutes.
- Place the index finger and middle finger of right hand at the eyebrow center (Pranayama Mudra).
- Close the right nostril with the thumb, take a deep breath through left nostril and then close left nostril gently with the ring finger and little finger, hold the breath as per capacity, then Removing the right thumb from the right nostril, breathe out from the right.
- Now Breathe in from the right nostril and exhale from the left. This is complete one round of anuloma viloma pranayama.
- Inhale through right – exhale through left and then inhale through left – exhale through right.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- The anulom vilom pranayama harmonizes the whole nervous system.
- It balances the activity of both hemispheres of the brain.
- It strengthens the digestive, circulatory, respiratory and nervous system.
- It helps to keep the mind calm, happy and peaceful.
- It Helps to cure mental problems like Depression, Anxiety, Tension.
- It helps to increase the lung capacity, help to cure the breathing related problems like Bronchitis, Asthma, chronic rhinitis.
- It is helpful in heart disease, obesity and many other chronic diseases. It acts as a diseases destructor.