(Standing Backward Bend)
- Stand straight with erect spine, foots together and arms beside the body.
- Take a deep breath and while inhalation move hands overhead.
- Breathing out with pushing the pelvis forward slowly bend backward and stretch hands as per capacity,
- Be sure that knee elbow joint is not bending, arms is in line with ears.
- Keep breathing and maintain position for 30- 60 secs as per capacity.
- Release and repeat asana for 3-4 times.
- Breathing out straighten spine, bring arms down and relax.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Hip or spinal problems
- Peptic or duodenal ulcer
- High blood pressure
Benefits of Ardha Chakrasana (Half Wheel Pose)
- It strengthens the back and abdominal muscles.
- It stimulates digestive, excretory and reproductive organs.
- It tones the abdominal, arms and shoulder muscles gives good shape to the body.
- It helps to relief from lower back pain, respiratory diseases, menstrual problems.