Balasana (Child Pose)
- Sit in vajrasan with erect spine.
- Spread knees hip-width apart.
- While Inhalation raise arms overhead.
- Exhale and Bend forward and lay torso down on the floor (as in image).
- Stretch body and arms forward.
- Keep breathing and hold asana for 3 min and increase time as per capacity.
- Raise torso up, release arms and come in Vajrasana position.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Knee Injury
- Eye or ear infections
- Ankle problems
- High blood pressure
Benefits Balasana (Child Pose)
- It stretches spine, ankles, hips, and thighs.
- Calms both the body and the mind. It reduces stress and anxiety.
- Improve function of abdominal organs.
- Improve digestion, circulation.
- Relieves back pain, sciatica pain and reduces menstrual cramps.
- Balasana is a resting pose that can follow any asana.