Bhramari Pranayama (Bee Breath)
In Bhramari Pranayama, as the exhalation sound is very resembles to the humming sound of a bee, it is named as Bhramari pranayama. Bhramari is the Sanskrit word which means bumble Bee.
Steps of Bhramari Pranayama
- Sit comfortably in meditation pose (Padmasana, Siddhasana or Swastikasana) with erect spine.
- Concentrate on normal breathing, close eyes and relax whole body.
- Now Gently place thumbs over earlids, index fingers on forehead, and middle fingers on the eyelids.
- Concentrate on the area between eyebrows.
- Applying very gentle pressure to the sides of nose and Take a slow deep breath filling the lungs fully.
- Keeping mouth closed, breathe out slowly through nose with making a humming sound of “Om” ·
- Repeat this process for 5 times, gradually increase as per capacity.
- Bhramari Pranayama is the best way to achieve concentration of mind and to release stress.
- It helps to increase blood and oxygen supply to lungs and heart, help to resolve heart and lung disorder.
- It helps to regulate cholesterol level and lowers the risk of heart attacks.
- It is helpful in chronic cold, cough, throat infection, asthma and other respiratory problem.
- It is helpful in, hypertension, headache, migraine, insomnia, Alzheimer’s disease, neurological problems.
- It helps to improves blood circulation, respiration, and nervous system.
- Regular Practice of Bhramari Pranayama during pregnancy helps to regulate functioning of the Endocrine system and provide easy child birth.
- Bhramari pranayama is Most Effective Pranayama for awakening the Kundalini.