It is revived in modern times by Mahavatar Babaji, through his disciple Lahiri Mahasaya Kriya. Yoga was brought to international awareness by Paramahansa Yogananda’s book , Auto biography of a Yogi.
The Kriya yoga is an advance stage of hata yoga system consists of a number of levels of pranayama, bandha, and mudra So by kriya yoga one can get benefits in shorter period than hat yoga.
- Kriya yoga awake the energy and also balance the energy from spine.
- By kriya yoga one can realize mechanics of life.
- For kriya yoga one should be disciplined and should have exactness about everything. It is quite risky so should be done with proper guidance.
- If one just wants to be liberated, then kriya yoga can be used in small way.
- Kriya is an internal activity and karma is an external activity. Karma binds and kriya can release.
- Karma is any action and karmyoga means action performs selflessly with full focus and attention.
- Actually, both are certain kind of karma and certain kind of kriya also.
Karma yoga is summarised in Bhagavat Geeta as, it is acting or thinking according one’s duty without any self-desire.