Nadi Shodhan Pranayama
Nadi means energy channel, Nadi Shodhan Pranayama is breathing technique to clean, purify energy channel.
Deference between Nadi Shodhan and Anulom Vilom pranayama –
Nadi shodhana pranayam is next level of Anulom Vilom pranayam. In Anulom Vilom Pranayama there is only inhale and exhale, but in Nadi shodhana pranayam there is kumbhaka or retention with inhale and exhale.
- Sit comfortably in meditation pose (Padmasana, Siddhasana or Swastikasana) with erect spine. And concentrate on the normal breath for a few minutes.
- Place the index finger and middle finger of right hand at the eyebrow center (Pranayama Mudra).
- Use thumb to close right nostril and close left nostril with the ring finger and little finger.
- Repeat this procedure in this manner or alternately or in reverse direction.
- The ratio of time period of purak: Abhyantara kumbhaka: rechak (inhalation: hold: exhalation) should be 1:4:2.
- If one is comfortable, While Abhyantara kumbhaka hold mula and Jalandhar bandha as per capacity.
- Close the right nostril, inhale through left nostril, hold breath and exhale through left nostril for 4-5 cycle.
- Close the left nostril, inhale through right nostril, hold breath and exhale through right nostril for 4-5 cycle.
- Close the right nostril and inhale through left, hold breath and then close left nostril and exhale through right for 4-5 cycle.
- Close the left nostril, and inhale through right, hold breath and then close right nostril and exhale through left for 4-5 cycle.
- Nadi shodhan pranayama clear out blocked energy channels in the body.
- It helps to purify blood and respiratory system enriches the blood with oxygen.
- It strengthens the digestive, respiratory and nervous system.
- It helps to keep the mind calm, happy and peaceful.
- It helps to Maintain body temperature.