- From normal sitting position come to padmasana.
- Bring hands in front of chest and interlock all fingers.
- Take deep breath and move hand over head keep fingers interlocked and stretch hands upward.
- Continue breathing and maintain position for 2-3 min as per capacity.
- Release and repeat process for 5-6 times.
- Unlock hand and bring down to normal position and stretch legs in front side and relax.
- If beginner find difficulty in padmasana, perform asana in sukhasana position.
Precautions and Contraindications
- Joint pain
- Knee injury
- Very tight hips.
- Shoulder injury
Benefits of Parvatasana
- Strengthens the back, Stretches the knees, ankles, Thigh muscles.
- Calms the brain, lowers anxiety.
- It helps in digestion, obesity, menstrual discomfort and sciatica.
- It also opens the hips, groin, and outer thigh muscles.
- It helps in stimulating the synthesis of growth hormone and thus helps to increase height for children.
- Helpful in shoulder spasm
- Baddha Konasana
- Janu Shirsasana
- Ardha Padmasana
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Supta Padangusthasana