(Wide-Legged Forward Bend)
- Stand on the mat with spine erect.
Widen the distance between two legs about the 3-4 fee, raise both arms overhead.
Exhale, pushing the pubic bone back, bend forward and touch fingertips to the floor. Fingers should be stretched.
Stretch forward, with pushing buttocks towards the ceiling and Bending the elbows bring the crown of the head to the ground.
Squeeze thighs towards each other, press head to the ground and maintain balance.
Hold the pose for20 -30 secs as per capacity.
- As beginners, it might be hard for to touch crown to the floor, use a blanket, or pillow to support the head.
Ensure that the crown of the head and not the forehead is on the mat.
- Raise head, straighten the elbow.
Bring hands to hips.
Inhale and lift torso up. Come back to the standing position.
Precautions and Contraindications
- Recent or chronic injury to the legs, hips, back or shoulders.
Benefits of Prasarita Padottanasana
- Strengthens and stretches the inner and back legs and the spine.
Calms the mind, increase focus.
Stimulates and improve function abdominal organs.
It helps to relieve indigestion, constipation, backaches, headaches, fatigue, and mild depression.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
Supta Baddha Konasana
- Baddha Konasana