Precaution Before Yogasana
Best time is morning before breakfast. Second most conductive time is early evening, around sunset. At the time of yogasana it is better if bowels and bladder is empty.
- Before yoga practitioner should consume solid food 3.5 hours before practicing and liquid 1 hour before. If practitioner is starving and want to practice yoga, any fruit or juice will be fine for nourishment.
- After yoga – after yoga should wait for 30 min for food.
- It is best in fresh air, and quiet, clean away from disturbances. It should not do in direct sunlight, cold wind and insect.
- Don’t use room with air conditioner. yoga Sana causes sweating, sweating is a very good way of letting out all the toxins in body. It warms body up, if we use AC, as per thermodynamics body tries to create a balance between body temperature and the temperature around. Body slowly starts losing the warmth. That’s not good for muscles as workout. Room with fan will be ok.
- Mainly place should suits for concentration and awareness of yogasana
- Breathing should be always slowly, effortlessly, harmony with every body movement and with awareness on each inhale and exhale.
- Always should breath by nose unless specified
- If there is any trouble in breathing by nose go for Jalneti
There are no age limits either young or old for the practice of yoga but in some specific yogasana there are some restrictions but it fully depends on ability of practitioner. Below 12 years of age Yoga postures should not be practiced for long duration and asanas are to be maintained for very short duration.
Yoga should not be practised on bare floor but keep mat or carpet below. Practitioner should Wear loose comfortable clean yoga clothing so there is no restriction around the limbs. Undergarments are necessary. Practitioner should not ware heavy ornaments by that practice should be smooth comfortable and satisfying
Restrictions & Precautions before Yogasana
While practising yoga, practitioner should be comfortable, never force or strain. Be relax between each practice. Always should start slowly and carefully with instruction. One should have faith in Yoga and what he is doing.
While practicing asana, if one start sweating, do not wipe off the sweat with a towel, always rub it back, at least into the exposed parts of skin to retain energy.
Do not drink water, during practice time
After practising yoga, wait a minimum of 1.5 – 3 hours before taking a shower. Sweating and not showering for two to three hours could be a bit of an olfactory challenge.
Never practice under the influence of alcohol or any sedative type of drugs.
Basic Body Position
There are 2 types in this position
- Supine position: lying on the back with the face up.
- Prone position: lying on the chest with the face down.