Shashankasana (Rabbit Pose)
- From sitting position come in Vajrasana.
After exhalation stretches hands back and Grab heels with thumbs on the outside, fingers on the inside.
Now exhale and bend forward, as the head will be on the ground near to knees.
Inhale and lift the hips up. Press the forehead as close to the knees as possible.
Hold the position for 20 secs to 4 min as per capacity.
Release and repeat 2-3 times.
- Place a folded blanket under the knees and head to protect them from pressure and stress.
Don’t push head towards knees.
- Inhale, release hands. The seat on heals, raise head and come in Vajrasana position and relax.
Precautions and Contraindications
- Recent or chronic injury to the knees, neck, spine or shoulders.
Benefits of Shashankasana
- Rabbit Pose stretches back, arms, shoulders, and spine.
Increase elasticity of the spine.
It increases blood supply to the brain, the nervous system receives better nourishment.
It stimulates digestion, circulation and endocrine systems.
It improves posture and immunity.
Rabbit Pose refresh brain. It relieves mental fatigue, insomnia, and depression. It also improves memory and focus.
Stimulates the abdomen organs, improve digestion, relieve sexual disorders.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
Kapotasana (Pigeon Pose)