(Easy Gas Release Pose)
- Lie down on the floor with arms beside the body.
- Exhale, bend knees and bring towards chest.
- Clasp hands around legs and press thighs on abdomen.
- Hold the asana for 30 secs to 3 min as per capacity.
- Release and repeat for 4- 5 times.
- Release arms, straighten legs and come in normal supine position.
- If beginner find to perform asana with both leg, then perform with one leg.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Pregnant women
- Heart problems
- Testicle disorder
- High blood pressure
- Slip disc
- Back and neck problems
- Recent abdominal surgery
Benefits of Ardha-Shalabhasana
- It releases trapped gas in stomach and improve digestion.
- It strengthens the abdomen, back and leg muscles.
- Stimulate and improve function of circulatory, digestive, excretory, and reproductive system.
- Stimulate and improve the function of adrenal gland.
- Reduce belly fat.
- Useful in heart problem, acidity, gases, sciatica, waist pain, arthritis, slip disc.