Yogasana for Insomnia
Many yoga poses and pranayama helps to relieve from insomnia and also for better sleep.
Yoga increase the blood circulation to the sleep center in the brain and stimulate the nervous system, particularly in the brain and thus help for great sleep. Also, the regular practice of yoga, lengthen inhalation and exhalation which slower the Respiratory rate. This deeper and slower breathing activates the para sympatric nervous system. It reduces stress, calms the mind and helps for better sleep.
- Adho Mukha Vrksasana (Handstand)
- Ardha Pincha Mayurasana (Dolphin Pose)
- Bhadrasana (The Gracious Pose)
- Marjaryasana (Cat Pose)
- Suptavajrasana (Reclined Thunderbolt Pose)
- Bitlasana (Cow Pose)
- Katichakrasana (Standing Spinal Twist)
- Uttana Shishosana (Puppy Pose)
- Viparita Karani (The legs up the wall pose)
- Simhasana (Lion Pose)
- Vrschikasana (Scorpion Pose)