There are two words yoga and asana in yogasna
Yoga – it is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines, which originated in ancient India
Asana means … the posture
The posture in which one sit or stand. It may be forward, backward, side bending, twisting, stretching, balancing, inversion or relaxing and meditative posture also.
Origen of asana is in India. Patanjali describes asana as a “steady and comfortable posture. In yoga sutra Patanjali describes asana as third limb in astang Ayurveda. Astang Ayurveda contain eight limbs.
- Yamas (codes of social conduct)
- Niyamas (self-observances)
- Asanas (postures)
- Pranayama (breath work)
- Pratyahara (sense withdrawal or non-attachment)
- Dharana (concentration)
- Dhyana (meditation)
- Samadhi (realization of the true Self or Atman and unity with Brahman)
Benefits of Yogasana
- Yogasana make body strong and flexible.
- It improves the functioning of the respiratory, circulatory, digestive, hormonal systems.
- Yogasana improve posture, alignment of the body.
- Stimulate and improve function of internal organs.
- It Helps to release toxins from the body.
- Yogasana leads body and mind towards health.
- Helps to lose weight, cure asthma, diabetes, heart problems, and many chronic diseases.
- Yoga brings about emotional stability and clarity of mind.
- Continue practice of yoga will lead to a sense of peace and well-being and a feeling of being at one with their environment.
- Ultimate gain is self-development and self-realization.